Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trich up my sleeve...

This will prove to be the most invasive thing I have ever written. For a woman who is used to walking around with her heart on her sleeve, I never thought those words could ring truth as they echoed from my throat. Yet, here they are, and here I am, and here we go!

I contracted trich seven months ago. Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection and is supposed to go away with use of a particular anti-biotic. After several treatments and absolute abstinence I was unable to be free from these tiny little parasites. I found through research that there was a resistant strand and there was a second antibiotic that was meant to rid this resistant strand. Unfortunately, it still did not go away.

I have practiced abstinence almost absolutely for all of these seven months, having been penetrated only twice. For such a sexual individual, it has been very troublesome. It has been very empowering as well.

As a woman who had been pregnant three times while on a birth control, I had an IUD inserted to prevent further pregnancy. It has been non troublesome for a few years now.

The Center for Disease Control has become involved as of almost two months ago. They have yet to come to my doctor and I with a solution. I did a lot of research. There is a high correlation between infection and the IUD especially BV and Trich. So, this morning I had my IUD removed.

Any empathic or intellectual being can imagine the layers of emotional confrontation on my table right now. I am reassessing everything. I am figuring out where this leaves me. I am a highly sexual being who has been pregnant three times while on birth control!

Furthermore, I am not sure if my theory will prove true. The IUD may not be the problem. I also have to face the fact that I have to take yet another round of antibiotics that had me doubling over garbage cans, and waiting for it to be out of my system. I am listening. Power speak of the Universe reaches me clearly. Daily stronger.

I hope this is the end. I hope that my situation has really helped another woman avoid this same space.

I love you all. Thank you for your support.

RA~in.

No comments:

Post a Comment