Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Lost (written 9/20/17)

My soul has lost its flavor
My eyes her prize
My years have lost their wisdom
My heart its size
My voice has lost its timber
My story has lost its lure
My legs lost their volition
My heart its pure
My fingers can't find the piano
My lips have nothing to say
My passion is unfolding
I never wanted it this way
Say something to make me listen
Sing a song that brings me back
Walk a mile in my shoes
And see why my shoulders sag
Dance in the reign of my teardrop
Sleep in the depth of my cry
Ask me any question
Just look me in the eye
Sigh one sentence foward
Slip into my realm
Guide me to the deck of my ship
Help me reclaim my helm
I'll be damned
If they find me sinking
Damned if they discover me ghost
My life has been so much sorrow
But its the magic I loved the most
Carry me through my slumber
Carry me to my shore
Let me rise to claim my freedom
Let me be broken no more

No comments:

Post a Comment