Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tempo

I walked for what seemed like forty angry water miles
No direction
Just the sound of the rain on the pavement
The pelt of the rain on my skin
Cold
Penetrating
My surface layers vibrant and alive
Remembering every drink of water I had ever had
I tasted freedom
Dark thoughts came and went as I breathed out hard
Compressed air
Releasing cries from my chest
Bereft of every other me I had ever known
i honed in on the sound of the cars passing by
Stopping to wonder why I was so comfortably
If quickly
Walking with the rain
Dancing on the balls of my feet
As i walked to the beat of the music in my head
The cadence of the rain
The symmetry of this moment
Perfect in every way
I remembered her
How could I ever forget?
Lost in some quadruple pentameter of
Some old poem I had once upon a time memorized
I sighed
Why did she never come home?
Alone.
Is this what was meant for me?
Or was I just excavating some wanderlust?
Combustible with no filter
I sauntered to the left
A little off kilter from the embrace of the wine
He gave me the time to take
All I needed from every grace of his skin
I am the quickening
of every new me yet to come
I run this race with the finish line an afterthought
To running well
And sure, when I tell a story
I usually start from the middle and fill in tangents
That some times make sense to those listening in
To my internal banter
i rant and rave
this lunatic speak
as I drink in the tempo
Of this brand new RAin

No comments:

Post a Comment