Sunday, August 25, 2013

Erase

This is what rape looks like
Look at me
Look in my eyes
Cold boned and frightened at the break of dawn
Afraid to put my smile back on
What if he thinks I am pretty
Too pretty to resist
What if it's not enough
That simple lingering kiss
I pushed him back
From the center of his chest
The rest becomes a little hazy
But I resisted the arrest
Of the graze of his temples
The darkness of my room
He left me feeling hollow
Empty like a tomb
I have no womb for the reckoning
My skin has dried like soil
There is no rain to be remembered
No victors collecting spoil
I am old and cold and lonely
Alone inside my new house
I want to scream from these prison walls
I want to let it out
I have no idea how I will find the peace to move on with my life
I just know I have the strength and I will find the rhythm to survive
No one knows just what to say
And they say the most horrible things
There is no laughter, no calm, no story
That any pleasure brings
I sing but my voice is hollow not like the days before
I wish I could go back in time
His text message
Simply ignore
What more Is I believe that everything happens on purpose
So what is the message
for that knowledge I am yearning
Please believe me when I say
I wish I could go back to that day
And change the rape that stood in my face
The peace that was replaced
My new home
Has been erased

1 comment: