Tuesday, April 17, 2012

By the Way

By the way
I am done
You never were listening
To my story
And by the way
I had a lot to say
And just because you gave me a glimmer of hope
In between the rope that I scoped
And slung around my neck
I have to protect my best interest
Which by the way
Is me
See?
I have finally come to the conclusion
Let myself down slow from this tree named Illusion
No more endangered by your type of confusion
This contusion came by my own creation
The sensation your soul made in mine
When you looked into my eyes
Made me ready to fly
Ready to heal
Ready to steel just one more kiss for you
From you I hoped to receive strong arms
And a chest on which to sleep
Once in a while
Smile as you looked in my eyes
But your head still too clouded to
Begin to size me up
I am done
Cup runneth over
No more wishin on four leaf clover
I need a King not a chauffer
Need someone ready to march on streets
Filled with heat
Hit the mic with or without a beat
I am a soul seeking missile
And I am on a mission
So listen hard to this confession
It may very well be the last you hear from me
I am shaking the tree
I am knocking hard
On this speak easy door
Floor mopped up all my tears that fell
I swell with pride as I look in the mirror
At my own eyes
And I am wide width and ready for labor
I am a messiah not a savior
Look at your own life and remember who pays you
And when your guilt chokes you remember who enslaved you
Cuz I was here to set you free
Nehast
And I have been mediatating fast
Sweet talking demons away from me
Seething in my own private misery
No more
By the way
I am a Queen and a goddess
Walked the River Nile
And if you think that my white skin is glistening
A little different than what you used to think of melanin
You right
I am out of sight
Off the planet
Wanted love
Never planned this
And Sun, I gotta hand you
This
Is by far the strangest love affair
I've known
Hone in on my Spidey Senses
Shed you from my womb
Like the deepest cleansing menses
I have broken down the segregating fences
May the tide of Revolution begin tonight!
And by the way
I am no longer afraid.
By the way
I'm done

No comments:

Post a Comment