Sunday, February 14, 2016

It is Well (January 28, 2016)

I lift my head up to the light
The skylight drips
Ancient resin beads of sunshine
Raining down on me
I am in the presence of
The divine
Mind over matter
And I recall
As many times
As my soul has shattered
I have come back together
Stronger than I ever was
Before
Doors close, yes
But the windows of heaven open
Showing me the way
I have learned to say
It is well
It is well
With my soul
Self control is an issue in my life
Wise words spoken
open my heart as
Christ consciousness begins
to Resonate within
But deep in my chest
I know
The sins that weigh me down
My crown sits kind of heavy
And I modify my bearings
My greatest desire is
To be the best I can be
In this life
I rise to meet the Great Creator
As the Native blood in me would say
These things that cause me sway
Can be either obstacles
Or stepping stones
I sleep alone most nights
Not because I have to
But because I know it's right
And no matter how many times
I fail
I will not give up the fight
Wise words are spoken
opening me up
To Christ consciousness within
In the sea of life I swim
one day I know
I shall reach the golden shore

It is well
It is well
With my soul


No comments:

Post a Comment