Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Toddler

Wild storms/she warns/i falter/i offer an explanation on the most holiest of altars/my soul dives deeper to mediate the purpose/i have never let myself wonder if it's worth it/i swim through the choppiest of waters/down on my knees and I remember i'm her daughter/she grants me a solution/if this time I will listen/pivot point/i turn to go/but fall on my knees instead/i am struggling to write these words/my tired brain escapes me/i linger on the purpose/ and realize that is what always saves me/like so many years ago/i taught cali to change her mistakes to something useful/my artwork is just a series of such layers/we players/i think not/this is a serious business/we reminisce and find bliss when we least expect it/i have been neglected/the time to take care of myself has come/i honor all i proffer/call myself down upon the altar/i am the sacrifice they've needed/if only to my own words i had heeded/i breed insanity sometimes/but only once in a distant while/we mesmerize the universe with the stupidity we do not intend/we mend our fences/drop pretenses/backspace our mistakes/until the words seem to somehow make sense/we flow like rivers down valleys and over canyons/we are not abandoned/only learning to stand on our own

No comments:

Post a Comment