Thursday, September 5, 2013

Shower

I am Karma's broken daughter
Copper colored
Defiantly defending my dogma
Amber bones
Clutter the darkness
Of my closet
I undress
Redress
Ready to march across the water

I will do all that it takes to be
All that I am
Ready to rise up and lay claim to this land
My hands raised
Palms wide open
This faith I was born from
Has my spiritual open

I am the firstborn child
Of the wing-ed lion
Ready to lead my people
To the freedom of Zion
I could choose to be daunted by all I have seen
But I would rather continue to believe

All people are made up
Of light and of darkness
And somewhere within us
That still voice is calling

Choices are made
To demons we hearken
My mission is strong
I will not falter

more people than not
Will choose to be
Safety over slaughter
Love over fear

My destined path is
Filled with obstacles and pain
But Life will always return
Beneath the shower of the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment