Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Culminating Waves~~~*~~~

Due to a misunderstanding of my new Fall Schedule, I am short two work shifts. Due to a hang-up in my Financial Aid, I still have no money for books or supplies. Money is tight right now, but thankfully my Mother taught me how to make a pocket full of change feel like the Bahamas! My AC was a pound shy on Freon and let me tell you in the middle of August in Florida, that is quite the complication! My brakes were slipping and sometimes the little things have a way of choking up on you so you feel like you cannot breathe.

The best part is though it is also the little things that bless us so richly this life feels like magic sometimes. A young man that I work with blessed me by fixing my brakes and my AC for nothing more than the parts. He said as he left this morning, "You have blessed so many people. I am honored to bless you in return."

The show last night was incredible! There was even a young woman from Rochester in the audience. I did a shout out to my city and she came up to speak to me once I had left the stage. Speaking of the show, I would like to say Thanks to my sister, Cali, and her husband, Chris. Due to my finances being a little strapped right now, I was not able to get my toes done or buy a new dress like I would prefer before a show. So, I was leafing through my closet and found this brilliant dress Cali and Chris had given me that I had never worn because the strap was ripped. I sewed the strap, wore the dress, painted my own toes (usually a known disaster just ask Cassi) and did my hair. All in all, I think I looked pretty great.

The house was full and the love was overflowing. Ybor City Jazz House never had it so good. I am grateful to all of you who came out to show support. Truly blessed by all the love sent to me by those who couldn't make it, and especially all my air support from Rochester, New York! Dichotomy, Dennis Ammadaeus, and Talaam Acey all in the house! What a night. There were profound echoes throughout the poets work: like Dennis and I both mentioning Attica specifically and how we must reform the prison system NOW!

Then, I randomly see a painting that one of my soulmates has hanging in his house hanging on the wall of the club. I am wondering now which is the print and which the original. I will get to the bottom of that.

I also got to see one of my best gals who is moving away. We stayed up till five talking, laughing, holding on to one another. We had tried several times to see each other. She wasn't supposed to be able to make it to the show last night. What a blessing she did.

I also made an intriguing new friend. Who meets Tuesday on a Tuesday afternoon while scheduled to perform (among others) her power piece that contains the line, "on a random Tuesday afternoon"? That is a WHOLE lot of Tuesdays.

I am blessed. I am grateful. So many stories to tell. I love my life.

However, I must get to class.

Namaste,

Lady RAin.


No comments:

Post a Comment