Saturday, August 23, 2014

Mental Posture

As I have been focusing on my stress levels and my worry energy in an attempt to remain centered and focused in the moment no matter what lemony snickett series of chaos is currently going on around me, I find that the old adage "Be careful what you wish for"...to be so very relevant! We pray for what we want and meditate upon what we believe we need, yet what we often refuse to see is that sometimes the most annoying or painful situation is exactly what will lead to that next level of awareness in our lives. I am NOT a patient person. Allow me to elaborate, I am not patient with elements that exist only because someone was not diligent enough to keep them from occurring. I am not patient with trivial yet annoying things. I am very patient with some of the most important areas that require patience. As I said in my last post "I have been raped. I have been beaten. I have been homeless. I've got this." However, let the wind blind me with my hair several times after removing it from my face, and I will throw a terrible two tantrum inside my head! (working on this)...

 I abhor laziness and we all know that only a handful of us truly work hard in this life. Some are just not driven with any sense of purpose. Those of us who are must work even harder to make things flow smoothly. This alone adds to our stress levels. We care. We are passionate. We believe that with due diligence what should occur will. "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." John Lennon of course believed that this world could change. So did Martin Luther King, JR. So did Mahatma Gandhi. So did Mother Teresa. You get my point. We can make a difference in this world. What I have been really working on lately is the realization that when I am stressed the only thing I am good at drawing to me is more negative elements. We are walking electrical beings filled with levels of emotion and energies that even the most profound among us are still not completely aware of. So, here I stand in the center of my temple, offering myself up as a vessel. Please use me as you need in these times of darkness. To my voice may they hearken because my people are straight sobbin' and I would love to see them free. We have the power to change the world around us, but first it begins with changing the currents that flow within us. This is where I would like to say two words that I hope we can all focus on and build upon, together. Mental Posture.

How many of us remember our mother reminding us to "sit up straight", "stand up straight" or "don't slouch"?Many of us have participated in sports, martial arts or practiced yoga. Our spine is made up of vertebrae that when out of alignment can cause pressure on muscles or even pinch a nerve. How do you feel when your body is aching and you are attempting to work hard? How does your physical state affect your day? How does your posture affect you physical state?

Our brain is a complex bundle of nerves and axons, passages and fluid, dark and light matter. We are beautifully complex beings. I was raised in a home where I was not allowed to say "can't". I would never be able (pun noticed) to repay my parents for instilling this intrinsic value in me. And since I just said "can't" in a fancy way right after say I was not allowed to say can't, allow me to rephrase. I will repay my parents for instilling this intrinsic value in me by living my life to the fullest and becoming the exponential potential of my highest self.

So this is my current meditation, my new daily mantra. Mental Posture. Every time I begin going down a negative pathway, I will stop, breathe and re-route. I am a firm believer that everything happens with purpose in this Grand Algorithm we call Life. "All things work together for the good of those that love God." Stay centered in Divine Light, straighten your mental spine, breathe in deep the air that offers us life and live your life to the fullest.

Love. Light. Laughter and "the peace that surpasses all understanding".

No comments:

Post a Comment