Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cobalt

One cobalt blue note
Hung electric in the air
Hair stood on necks
Like Static had been there
We waited for the note to end
But it never ceased to play
Music danced on porcelain skin
Some called it Lullaby
I swayed against Possibility
Pressed quite seductively
This King came remarking he
Would like to call me Wife
Strife arose in spoken word
The Eagle cried out on high alert
The Red Tail Hawk rose to speak
Forgetting of her goddess beak
Weeping, two became one flesh
Yet something was wrong
In the way they meshed
Breasts cleft while feathers came undone
The Moon circled
The Earth stood still
The Sun burned brilliant
And began to tilt
Wisdom sat on her window seat
Daydreaming of things to be
While Falcon's wings flew swift
With a cadent beat (poetic derivative of cadence)
The heat was almost done
Laid down my tired bones to rest
Too much will I not divest
But left was I with cobalt hue
One note to carry me home

No comments:

Post a Comment