Thursday, April 9, 2015

Earth Uprising

Stand by and watch the Earth destroyed!

While water bottles take
600 years to decompose
Partially hydrogenated oil
Steal, rape, and pillage
Collecting all the spoils
From white bread
To white bred
It's no Wonder why
So many white heads
Rest confused

We must perpetuate knowledge
On western soil
Rise up and speak out
And work to foil
The capitalistic plan
Stand up and stay strong
Speak loud and echo long

I propagate revolution
Healing contusions to my mental
Elemental to my peace
I release this beast from within me

Hearts with the sickness
Are sifted and listed as gifted
But misfits rarely feel like they are
You're my key witness to the madness within us
And all I can offer
Is my journey so far
Here I am yearning and learning
This process of free
Screaming loud from the rooftops
Down with the bourgeoisie!

Cause this ain't no black and white situation
Here we facing spiritual castration
When we gon' resurrect this One World Nation
The cosmos has us facing
The dawning of a new age

So maybe we'll start a brand new label
For all the oppressed
Those who have suffered
The weight of disrespect
Those who have been outcast
For the color of their skin
Those who never got the chance
To show the light they hold within

For every woman raped
Like it was her duty
For every man shot in his back
For his blackness protruding
For every child who has wept
For their parents no longer there
For every social worker
Who took the time to care

For every hungry belly
That never found the food
For every naked child
Who needed clothes
Who needed shoes

For every person made to suffer
Only because they didn't match the color
Of every colonialized wealthy soul
Only searching for power and control
For every Jew who had to die
For every indigenous demise

I rise to speak the truth
For you

No comments:

Post a Comment