Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Finals!

So, these past few days have been tumultuous. A few people really close to my heart are moving away (one is already gone), I went through a major transition (I am not yet ready to discuss) and one of my friends is in a bind and needs a place to stay...(Which has an uncanny reflection against the major transition I am going through), I cannot find Brandon anywhere and I have been really trying to reach out to him. All of this said, we are in the middle of Finals Week and I have the two most grueling finals left to go. The possibility of straight A's is there, but it will take a miracle! Meanwhile, I have been stressing because a couple professors have yet to post grades that would really help me know where I stand.

Here comes the funny story! I am in class today and my Professor for Women's Mental Health asks me if I have the quiz that she handed us to look at which we were supposed to return. I know this because that is how she has done it throughout the semester. However, I was in no present state of mind (this was the class that I ended up sobbing in due to the nature of the discussion on rape) and I threw the quiz away upon exiting the class! Great. It is funny however that the whole time I was upset she had not yet posted the grade and the whole time the reason she hadn't posted yet was ME!

No matter how smart we are, no matter how well read, no matter how many details we understand there will always be more to discover.

So, as I am sitting there taking our final review of knowledge, I look up at the filing cabinet in front of me (I am sitting in an unusual location due to the testing going on) and all over the cabinet are infinity signs. As many of you know one of Brandon's aliases is Infinity Won. I know that so many of you tease me for my undying belief in signs and symbols but my symbology has yet to fail me. My path is woven of intricate details that connect to other intricate details and Wu Wei (Taoist principle of becoming like water to move fluidly through the universe) me along my daily path. This all weaves into a much deeper story but I must leave it surface level for now out of respect for a life so intricately woven into mine and yet not mine alone. Suffice it to say that I felt comforted as if Brandon is okay and soon I shall hear his voice.

I had a lovely conversation with my niece Kirstie as we were catching up with our stories...I was arriving at my house. There is this glorious sunflower growing between the sidewalk and the road in the middle of Florida Winter when all my plants on my porch have wilted and appear to have given up the ghost. There it is bright yellow against a gloomy cold and gray day (yes, my loving New Yorkers we DO have days like that in Florida!) and I had to take its picture and share it with the world.

Now, I must study for my last two Finals...I just wanted to share some of the details in this brain of mine.

Ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment