Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ash

In response to her words...

"It is not that I wait for you, its that my arms are doors I cannot close." Derrick Brown.

I shake like ash through your open fingers
Singing strains
Melodic compositions
Whistling to myself
Inside the hum of the vaccuum cleaner
It sucks me in
Alters my demeanour
It is harder to connect with people
These days
It is not my fault
I was born with such a high IQ
You seemed to notice
I was different
The first time you looked into my eyes
My thighs are also a place
I love to hate
Collection of fat cells
No one who eats this much broccolli
Would ever anticipate
Weight
The space on my chest
Is like a landing strip for pain
Dumping hatred on me
Seems easier for some
Than embracing the Sun
We all have light within

No comments:

Post a Comment