Thursday, June 12, 2014

Scrabble

My body needs to embrace you
My beet red breast is beset
By my fists hatred
I placed a hex on my own chest
This heart of mine
At work beating double time
I can be a biter and a fighter
When I must
Holding my thoughts
As hostages of war
Until I nearly combust
I have reaked havok
Amidst the quiet clone hive
It plays loud parts on the toy stage
Where we celebrated our lust
I pulled rank along the first mile
Headed East
Turned a deaf ear to the tear
That fell Southern down my cheek
I would rejoice to see a poodle
On any other day
But not one prancing
off the grid
Along the narrow way
An honest spar with the student
To engage your grain
Is a do or die situation
In the meat of the lesson
We forget to eat the marrow
I am all I have claimed to be
And things I still refuse to see
It is as it must be

No comments:

Post a Comment