Monday, December 15, 2014

Alive!

I am pleasantly surprised
One thousand times per day
I wrap myself inside
The eternal fountain of youth
The Sunlight breaking through
A storm cloud in the sky
Watching birds in flight
Color strikes deep
From a butterfly wing
And yes when I am happy
I sing

Yes, I am pleasantly surprised
One thousand times per day
With conversation had
With eye contact made
The warm and tender embrace
Of friendship in my soul
Rolling sound of thunder
River waters as they roll
The swelling of Canal
The contact of silk skin
All these natural elements
I deeply drink them in

I am pleasantly surprised
One thousand times per day
Harboring everything
That causes my soul sway
I rest inside the cocoon
Of Mother Nature's arms
The charm of the full moon
Feeling safe from harm
I am grateful for this life
And all the joy it brings
And yes, when I am happy
I sing

No comments:

Post a Comment