Friday, November 4, 2022

Redemption

 None can take my light

For I am goddess born

My people called me Rain 

Because I brought the Storm

Cast upon me hatred

And all of your scorn

There isn't any box 

Can cause me to conform

I weather all your anger

And precipitate love

And maybe you can't see me 

Because I fell from above

I flew from the nest

When a push became shove

I took all of your lies

And purged them from my blood

I'm walking straight backward like Benjamin Button

Coming for Redemption

That should tell you somethin'

This Queen became warrior

I am out here huntin'

If you didn't want the smoke

Your mouth shouldn't have been runnin'

Honesty that policy that's best obeyed

Yet so many good people 

Out here gettin' played

Doin' Devil's work

And still collectin' pay

Go to Church on Sunday

Tithes from dishonest wage

Rollin' back in time

And I start gettin' younger

People stare at me

Eyes amazed with wonder

They begin to ask

What kind of spell you under?

They don't understand 

So I forgive their blunder

Walkin' on flames

And my feet grow tired

But my soul is charged 

And my mind rewired

I look to the Divine 

And become inspired

Time to walk away

From this funeral pyre

Time to rise and shine

And reclaim my throne

Time to shake the dust 

From my tired bones

Time to remember 

I am never alone

Time to play my music

Get back in my zone

Proximal Development

Exponential Me

All my puzzle pieces

Leading up to free

Marching on this journey

See what can be seen

Letting go of anyone

Who'd rather be obscene

What's the answer here?

What does it imply?

You never chose to listen

To the tears in my eyes

My heart is on my shoulder, yes

I wear no disguise

And when the day of Glory comes

You know I will rise

Everything changes in the 

Blink of an eye

So you best remain focused on the sky

The sin stained heart can never be denied

The scales of Ma'at

And that feather will fly

Wise words spoken 

Never listened to

So many people scoff 

At those who speak the truth

The Divine is present in all of you

That still small voice

Who senses what to do

But that Devil on your shoulder

Is just as real

And you're never gonna make it

Lest you armor your shield

Remember this life

Is just a battlefield

And the victor is determined

By the type of sword we wield

So keep on marching

Till the battle is done

If you sleep on your Soul

You'll never see the Sun

You've got what it takes

To see the victory won

A race can't be finished

If you choose not to run

Time wasted

Can never

Be returned

No comments:

Post a Comment