Saturday, November 22, 2014

LINKED IN!

So, I really had a very long day and as I was in the shower just really wanted to share some amazing things that happened today. I signed up for something called Linked In via USF and apparently, I just needed to spend twenty minutes even  finding access to my blog. Sometimes connecting networks is a really bad plan. I realized I had poured so much of my soul into this blog! What a scare. But here I am and I really just want to tell you a story that happened today that kind of blew my spiritual mind.

I was at work. I had not yet had my first table. A woman walked in the door. She felt familiar. Perhaps, I had waited on her before. I seated her in what I believed to be my section since I was the only one without a table. I sat her in one of my co-workers sections by accident and the young lady said I could go ahead and take care of her.

The woman was waiting on someone. A reporter. I was asking her what she would like to drink when she noticed the Agape tattooed across my breastbone. Her eyes welled up with tears as she told me her husband had recently passed away and in his last note to her had written: Agape, look it up. She said she really admired the work of the artist and was thinking maybe she would also get it tattooed on her somewhere. I was sorry for her loss. I then noticed the necklace made to resemble a dog tag around her neck. Just this morning I had put my jewelry on and had almost worn my father's dog tags. It said "Semper Fi". The spiritual nature of the physical world is marvelous!

Now my eyes welled with tears and I said to her, "I don't usually tell people this. But, Agape is also a man. A Marine that I love very much. More than I even understand. He is in Attica. Right now until 2026. She asked for what. I answered with caution. She related it to something in her life which of course related back to me. I asked her if her husband had been a Marine. She said "No. My son".

Now I was really afraid. Had she lost them both?!?

She said he had been shot by our side. On accident but nevertheless paralyzed. She said, "Rain. You will never believe this part. His middle name is Rainey". She stood up and put the Semper Fidelis around my neck. She embraced me and we both began to weep.

I am in constant awe of the algorithm that guides me. I am satiated daily by the things that cause me sway. I love my life! I am amazed by the strength of this woman. I will leave her identity anonymous for now in respect for her life and her privacy. She promised to keep in touch and hugged me as she left. I am moved beyond the words on this page.

Love. Life. Now.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Your life is never without spiritual moments. I love it! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for agreeing to take this incredible journey with me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete