Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Follow your inner compass for it shall guide you safely home!

I have unfortunately been the victim of much LGBT prejudices. I hurt for those who do not allow all beings to find their way. If we are not harming another, I think we should be free to lead our lives as my own inner compass proscribes. I am in touch with the Divine in my fashion and formulate my beliefs based on much prayer, meditation, fasting and study. I feel that we all have the right to communicate with the Divine in our own fashion. I unfortunately have been antagonized at many different workplaces across the years. One story I would like to share was perhaps the most intense for me. I was a personal trainer at a gym in North Carolina. I also worked Child Care in the early mornings for extra cash and because I have always loved working with children. There was a particular family who had three highly unruly children. Somehow I worked some magic with them and was able to have them learning, and playing successfully with the other children. The father was very impressed and stated that his children never listened to anyone but them and that he was amazed with my abilities with them. I was moved to tears by the response I had received. He even told my boss how impressed he was and how he only came during my hours because he was getting much more out of his workout while I cared for them. A couple weeks later, my girlfriend dropped me off at work because she needed the car. When he saw our squiggly gay pride rainbow he glared at me with an intense hatred. When we kissed one another goodbye he exploded in rage. He spoke to my boss and asked for me to be removed from my post saying he didn't trust me with his children, especially his daughter. My boss mused over the situation and handled it with care. He said that he found it amusing that he had just come to him telling him how amazing I was with the kids less than two weeks prior. My boss told him to workout another time or do not bring the children because he had no intention of losing me. A couple weeks later, I was in Wal-mart with Adele. They were shopping, his daughter (about 6) ran up to me threw her arms around me and said, "Miss Christi. Miss Christi. I miss you!" His father demanded she get away from me immediately. The other two were jumping up and down in the cart. The mother whisked the kids away from me as the father proceeded to spit in my face. He told me that I was an abomination in God's eyes and it would be better that I were dead. He even went as far as to ask if I had ever touched his daughter inappropriately. I told him I was bisexual not a child molester. I shook and cried and Adele and I walked away quickly from his ignorance. It surprised me to my core. We have a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment