Thursday, July 5, 2012

Garnish

I strike twice just to see the bliss
Harbor all my love for you
Because you simply refuse to exist
I am blessed with your presence if for an hour or two
You lay beside me on this bed to sleep in unison
I am remembering frame by frame
The breaths you took
The space you made
The concave shape you took against my mattress as you rose to leave my side again
I am holding you here
In this concave hope
The shape of it is a significant slope
And if I were a skier and I could hold my own
I would risk the incline and convince you this is home
But, these days
I am all about me
Trying to remember how to set myself free
Loving me in the way I loved you
The way I loved every you that came before
Great loves
Within my magnificent clutch
But I am in that state of letting go
Wu Wei Flow
Garnishing the substance with the fragrance
Of my life
As my own

No comments:

Post a Comment