Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Souls on Fire

I silently pull at these heart strings. Singing songs that will not be heard by anyone other than myself and the Divine. Sublime messages present themselves like one puzzle piece at a time. I am reminded daily about the things that cause me sway. The beauty of the universe inside the pupil of an eye. The eye inside of the intelligent chest. The vested interest we all share with the ones we care about. Open arms and open mouths. Shout it out loud and clear from the rooftops. Socks drop off feat as we dance rapidly to the rhythmic beat. Heat high on overdrive like I am sweating just because I am alive. We dive into the thickness. Scratch our way through the thicket. I am in this to win it. I will not shut up and die.

Shark dive into blood filled waters. I am alive for our sons and daughters. One more life can I yet offer and I will give all I have so our future profits. We scoff sometimes at what we don't understand. The righteous rule of a leader's hand. We reprimand the unwilling to learn, and spurn away those who have nothing valid to say. We stray from our safety zone and learn what it means to really believe in sacred things. "I sing Just to know I'm alive" (Nina Simone).

The harmony of the spheres
Feeling peace after all these years
Standing up for myself
One moment at a time.
Like-no you can't catch a ride
Cuz you love to disappear from my side
After I just drove forty five
So we could all enjoy our night
Constantly slipping you dimes
Payin so you can get inside
Cuz your dollar bill already gone.
My song loudly carries
And I am limiting my bearings
To nauticals that keep me
Close to home
Close to the bone
Ready to hone in
Cuz I only reach to save people
Who are ready to swim
If you ain't in it to win it
Then sit the fuck down
Tell yourself can't one more time
And count yourself out
Cuz if you intend to walk with me
We're walking hard and devout
Penetrate the promenade
Of the average full of doubt
See, I will make it so
Cuz I am number one
Breathing in deep the light of the Sun
And I won't sit down
Till the battle is done
Cuz I won't be satisfied
Till the victory is won
Souls on fire.
My one desire.
To be everything I can in this life.

1 comment:

  1. PERIOD. And remember to breathe a little every single day, hermanita...these words are spoken to us from your soul...grateful for having read them...<3

    ReplyDelete