Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spur (Wordsmith)

Soft light
Blinking eyelids
Desiring to remain
Asleep
Heat is not here with me
But with my blanket
Easy it would be to stay
Here in my bed
For I know one small step
Will command all of my attention
Only to the pain in my right heel
Steal away every moment
Warm breath
As I deflect my wind
Off the face of my blanket
Back onto my hair
As if he were here with
Me
I prefer to be working
And work I must
Even when I am hurting
This combustible soul of mine
Feels less than Divine
Some days
Let me sum it up for you
On my Sea Breeze Sundays
I feel more like the
Devil within my human skin
Than ever before
Or ever again
I do not pretend
I wear my heart on my sleeve
But I believe
We all deserve reprieve
From all that things in life
That spur us on
My momentum is my song
But once in a while
I know I only belong
Here in this moment
Pillow beneath my head
Covered with my blanket
Here in my bed
Resting my bones
And releasing the dread
Drinking in the Sun
That simply filters in
Because it exists
Persists to rise each day
And in the same way
I crawl from beneath the heat
Step gently onto my feet
Allow the left
To carry the weight of me
I believe in the power of my Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment