Wednesday, April 23, 2014

For D


For D

I am dancing around the precipice of Death

Edging up against the knife

For I know there is nothing left

Darkness hangs heavy in my carefully measured soul

I am doubting my placement here

Have I not paid all the tolls?

God said he had a purpose

For my life. I believed this true

I have waited for my children, my wife, I waited long for you

Where is the truth in a world gone numb?

They stand before their idols:

Deaf, blind, dumb

I am waiting for the significance of

Imposable thumbs unused to be rendered as abuse

There is really nothing wrong with me

It is this factor not many see

I am seeing way too much and it really weighs on me

When is my vocation gonna open up and swallow me?

I walk for miles in the pouring rain

Chanting mantras and Bible Verses

Those who are average call me insane

I hate the labels ladened upon the reverent back

I think if I hear one more ism I may suffer heart attack

I am not your ordinary missionary

I long to shake the world

I long to reach into their eyes and wake up every boy and girl

We have come a long march away from soul centered anything

I sing broken songs now

Because my voice refuses to sing

I wish for just one who really hears me

One to walk with me always

I praise the Lord for the life I was given

But I am not grateful for the way

The world around me falters and makes me feel so caged

These spiritual wars are waged for the welfare

Of some who do not even dare

To open their eyes and see

The possibilities here for you and me

I dance on the precipice of death

But I will not give in to him just yet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment