Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Life

In this individualistic Western Culture, it is often too easy to focus on oneself in an expensive spiritual fashion. I have been accused of being arrogant more than once. I met with a close soul to mine to ask for guidance, words of wisdom, some type of spiritual message his soul may have for mine. With gentle words and a cautious and reverant spirit, he offered me a blessing. He said to be a part of the bigger picture without a false sense of humility. He cautioned me not to downplay my significance but reminded me we are a much bigger force than individual. I needed his words and am grateful for his presence in my life.


After our luncheon, I met with the Director/Editor of Panyha Foundation which is a remarkable organization for Lao-Americans and with a focus on raising education and cultural awareness with a global people in mind. I will be writing for them, along with interviewing refugees and second generation Lao-Americans, while also editing and adding a poetic twist to articles already written. I am excited to be on board and feel that this will only add to the strength of my soul.


My mission is strong and I knew I was ready for the next step of the game. I am humbled by both meetings this afternoon. I have much yet to learn. It was intoxicating to me spiritually that the second encounter echoed largely the first and that the spiritual ramifications surrounding me offered deep messages that I am still interpreting. While sitting in the Panyha Conference Room, I noticed a printed statement regarding leadership on the wall: Leadership is action not position. May I become the best of myself and march with a tide of people strong with the vision that we are here to create a better tomorrow.


Three cheers to the people in my life who have led me this far. Three cheers the next chapter of this spirit filled path! Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment