Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Silent Scream

Peanut butter pipe dreams
Not even the sirens can hear me scream
Lighthouse, light show
Teach me somethin' that I don't know
We grow together exponential
In Agape love with potential
In the White House presidential
Let them carry on judgmental
Thin spider web over window pane
My blood runs quick within my veins
This heart pumps thick
The love we made
And all the haters keep throwing shade
Wading in these waters deep
Pray the Rain my soul to keep
Constant obstacles beg me weep
But I keep on marching
Though the hill is steep
Hold me on your chest tonight
Wish we could be side by side
Better yet go back in time
Whispers messages sublime
Like maybe don't go out tonight
Lovemaking needs no alibi
I sigh with Angel wings Divine
Remind myself what should be mine
Time never tarries for the story to be told
Yet every time we speak
The Universe unfolds
God broke the mold when he
Made you & I
And when we are together
The Heavens sigh
I cry in the breaking
Darkness before the Dawn
My song ever carries
And I keep marching on
I march for the people
For the freedom of our souls
And every time I step
One can hear the thunder roll
Because I am the Rain
No man may contain me
So many have tried
I hate the sound of hearts breaking
This Agape love emblazoned
Across my chest
Means everything to me
And I truly detest
How humanity attempts
To make tiny little boxes
Complete with labels, colors & locks, see
We were designed to go with the flow
Adapt & evolve
Follow the paths of our soul
Encourage, inspire
And together to rise
Divinity within the flesh
Wings to the skies
Eyes on the prize
Yet so many give less
Each and every day I promise
To offer my best
Blessed beyond reason
This life I love
There's only one thing
That I'm dreaming of
My song ever carries
My sounds to the Sea
And soon the sirens
Will be listening to me
Singing sweet songs of freedom
No more may I divest
For all of you here marching
Continue giving your best
Keep believing in Mount Zion
And the promise of brighter days
Manifest destiny
This war we wage
Keep singing sweet songs of freedom
Eyes forever on the prize
And when the trumpet has sounded
You'll know it is our time to rise

No comments:

Post a Comment