Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lemony Snickett

Ever had one of those days when everything just seems to be off kilter, out of balance, and out of your control. Perhaps, you stayed positive. Perhaps, you could not seem to keep that in control either.

Yesterday, I had one of those days. Could not get the train to stop. For the most part, I stayed oober positive. I really just found this space, and I stayed pretty happy in it. There are a few things I would like to contribute it to.

Jermaine Patrice. He listens to me as any honest friend should. I can say whatever about whichever subject. We can talk for hours. Always has been this way. I am grateful for his presence in my life. He was the SunShine in the center of a very Lemony Snickett Day. It was as though the world simply stood still. I was on the phone on campus, at a picnic table in the bright Florida Sun. I was eating, and mulling over the odd puzzle pieces making up my day so far at that point. He is a great sounding wall. I resonated pretty deeply with him on some spiritual concepts. The conversation is always honest, humble, and open flow.

The Other and certainly not of lesser importance is Miss Kamahria Hopkins who never ceases to be a source for great inspiration and a place to turn to for laughter, in times of trouble, for advice, or just to be silent next to. I love her, Sister, heart and soul. She sent me a program: http://www.northernspiritradio.org/index.asp?command=showinfo&showid=595960184187. Here is a link to listen to Meg Hutchinson being interviewed. You will also get to listen to a few of her songs you may or may not have heard. She is a very interesting person. I found a lot in common with her, and a lot of what she said reverberated deeply with me. The most important thing I took from it was the fact that she as a Tibetan Buddhist believes that there is just as much space within us as the Cosmic realm outside of us. I have always believed that in concept. Something about the way that she said it really made me FEEL it. Something changed. I evolved through my lemony snickett day and continued to feel the vacuum of UniCosmic Flow within me. Beautiful.

Thanks to all of you who have stood beside me inviting me to simply be me. It is such a beautiful gift that for some is quite complicated to give.

Many things went "wrong" yesterday. The Universe is certainly tempering my steel. I am gaining strength daily. As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow, I shall fear no evil. I was called into work yesterday night. I probably should have listened to my niece, Kirstie, and checked my priorities. I was unable to turn in an assignment on time due to choosing to go in for my boss. Now, all of the working force realize that bosses who ask for things and don't get them usually don't ask for things any more, and furthermore begin taking away certain other items as well. Like they don't give extra shifts. Tricky. But, I should have probably said I was sorry, but I absolutely could not!

While at work though, I took a very light air. I began saying lemony snickett at what Asia might call inapropapro moments. It totally worked. I actually shared this myrth with a couple of my tables. One table (where the lady was named Christy) was particularly on board. The gentleman had also had a very lemony snickett day.

And finally, if you have not seen the movie, Lemony Snickett's (unsure of spelling) Series of Unfortunate Events...well, you most definitely should.

That is all!

If you have a Lemony Snickett day, laugh through it and saying, "Lemony Snickett" at very odd moments, truly seems to help.

Namaste~~*~~
RAin.

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to. I have a passionate connection to Lemony Snickett. Great name. Thanks for the invite...sorry, I am just now seeing this.

      Rain.

      Delete