Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Owl

I follow the lines his eyes make
Jet black and large
Like the eyes of the owl
That guides me to safety
Loving him satiates me
Mostly because I know it is not easy
It pleases me
To be there when he calls
I fall on my knees
In front of my piano keys
Allowing the melody I make
To carry my pain away
I give more than most are able
But I claim fulfillment
From the Universal Flow
Only Nature knows
How my breast can heave
Late at night
In my home alone
Tears weave their fearful cry
Into my hair
As I release the sigh
The heavy weight
Lands on my chest
And for a moment
I am bereft
Clefting minor keys
The power of my destiny
Soothes me
Back into harmony
the Sun rises
The warmth of it surprises
Even the coldest parts of me
But here against my
Darkest sorrow
I hold in my palm
The promise of tomorrow
And not even the cleverest of lies
Can take that peace away from me

No comments:

Post a Comment