Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Wallflower Purple

I am a conceptual misfit
Political problems
Is just the least of it
I speak the truth
Wear my heart on my sleeve
Put my face in the Mic
My story on the stage
In the space of two days
My whole life has changed
From owls in the trees
To tree frogs in my john
I must move on
He writing stories
In red ink on a yellow page
Another afraid to interrupt
These sacred words must be said
We have magnetized
Philosophers, poets, and a sage
From the purple of my shirt
To the brown of the table
The volition of my pen
Has me writing because I am able
Examples of our lives
May be misconceived
Perception from outside
May lead those to deceive
Hard pressed some are
To watch others fall
But I am here
To compose a brand new score
The harmony in my step
Has my Wu Wei along
And I firmly believe
We each have a song
I am volatile and ready
To roll through these changes
Transition through these
Evolutionary rearranges
Strangers dance
A southern two step
And once again
The Wallflower is left
Watching the world
Surrounding the color of her flower
Still ready to give love to anyone in need

No comments:

Post a Comment