Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Proximity

He sucked at the marrow of my soul. Proximity. Says he can't be next to me. I agreed. Reflexive pronouns pounding inside my skull. I want him. He incited a riot beneath the surface of my skin. Every molecule of my being standing at attention only for him. I ran. Again. 

Since I was seventeen years old and lost my virginity, I have never practiced a substantial period of time in abstinence. Brandon and I made a pact not to have sex. I can't remember how long we made it. Maybe a month. I remember the day we broke it. We made love like never before. Dancing on stars. 

He says if I change my mind call him back in the next half hour. He had things planned. And here it is only March!

My resolve is steadfast. I know I must stay my course. I just hope someone out there appreciates the challenge. Saying no to this warrior of a man is more than I ever believed possible from me. 

I have not had sex since last year. December here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment