Tuesday, June 7, 2016

An Update...

Hey everyone. Thanks for keeping up with me. I have a very heavy heart, and as you all know, I believe in everything happening with purpose. I don't believe in accidents. I follow my Spirit, and I believe in the power of my Destiny. I am an optimist, a realist, a hard-working, genuine soul. However, there are days that I just feel overwhelmed. This transition has been so hard on me since my return to New York. I sold and gave away most everything I owned with the intentions of serving in the Peace Corps for 27 months. This would have in turn served as a fellowship toward my Doctoral Degree at Pacifica Graduate Institute. I did not get accepted into the program for the Peace Corps and determined it as a sign I was not meant to go. I moved forward with Plan B which was to apply for my doctorate right away. I got accepted! Unfortunately, my Financial Aid is not enough to cover it, and I applied today for the Grad Plus Loan and was denied. I am fighting tears. I am grateful to have my job, but even with six shifts last week, I wasn't even able to make my generously low rent (love Vickie and Erik with all my heart) on time. I could stomp my feet and say, "Woe is me" and throw a temper tantrum...not going to lie, part of me really wants to. However, I really DO believe in the path of my destiny and I am remaining as constant, confident and strong as I know how. I am looking forward to the next step whatever it might be. Please send me love & light and I will keep you posted on how things go...thank you all for your constant love & support.

~RAin

No comments:

Post a Comment