Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Authentic

It is not always easy to be your authentic self in today's Western society. The general population judge one another based on Appearance, Income, Fashion, Intelligence, Ethnicity, Gender, Sex Appeal, Sexual Preference, Religion, etc. Wouldn't it be nice to be viewed instead by our integrity, honesty, loyalty, work ethic, compassion, passion, focus, and evolution? During young adulthood, I feel it was easy to get lost in viewing myself through the lens of others opinions of me instead of my own intrinsic worth. It is important to take in account our negative traits, focus intently on them long enough to come up with a plan of action to evolve in the necessary areas. However, it is extremely necessary to pay proper attention on what is right with us! Becoming the best of one self is a moment by moment decision to strive in the direction of perfection. We all have areas that need growth. I often find myself condescending in an area that I excel at. WRONG IDEA! There are lines I cross that others would never even entertain. My mother once reminded me of the old saying to measure oneself against the yardstick the Christ. If we measure ourselves by others, it is Ego rather than Spirit that is involved. My main objective in life is to become the best of me. I will take others opinions into account, measure myself by what they see and be honest if there is an area that needs attention. Overall, I sleep with my own Soul at night. I commune with Spirit daily. I walk in the light as often as possible. I work hard to right my wrongs. Every day, I grow a little more. I wish the same for us all.

Thank you for your constant love and support.

~lady RAin

No comments:

Post a Comment