Sunday, April 24, 2016

Indelible (4-11-16)

It gets hard inside a head sometimes
Lines drawn never to be crossed
Later erased and replaced by polka dots
Spot on in significance at the time
Later looking faulty by design
Sign over symptom and song ever carries
Reassessing my bearings
Scary though how some people change
How inner circle becomes
Those farthest away
Swaying side by side
This sunlit day
Reminding myself why I came
The first place
The first taste
The first cut
The first space to be erased
These pencil lines seem
Indelible at the time
But eventually everything drawn
Swims into brand new perspective
I respect this more
Than I have ever taken time to say
And I love you more
Different
Each and every day
Sign over symptom
Imperfect by design
Time marches on
Without lines to define
This space

No comments:

Post a Comment