Thursday, June 14, 2018

Don't get old!

While aging is not an option, how we age certainly is. People are always having an ache or pain and when asked what is wrong, there is a common response, "I'm just getting old". NOOOOOO! I answer with the same story every time. My great grandmother was 89 and still winning ballroom dance competitions. My Nanny (as we lovingly called her) looked like she was in her 60's well into her 80's. She would often compete against people in their 20's. I believe it was Steve Miller who sang, if you never slow down, you never grow old. Keep dancing everyone! How we live our lives certainly matters. Yes, of course, genetics play a role. More than anything else, I firmly believe that our mental state drastically effects how we age. May we all live long and productive lives! ~~*~~ Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment