Thursday, June 14, 2018

Lucifer's Eyes

I once saw the KRST (pronounced Christ) in Lucifer's eyes
I once heard the truth in the Devil's lies
I once felt the anguish in an angel's sigh
And here we are asking God why
But my why is not an angry fist at the sky
My why is not a wail nor a cry
My why is a plea down on bended knee
Begging the Universe to guide me please
So many of us lack social graces
Hide behind a mask
Wear so many faces
Talk a big game while we goin' small places
Wastin' our time like pencil erasers
Chasin' that high till we all the way down
If a soul falls in the forest,
Does it make a sound?
How profound!
Here we are gods in this limited form
An ancient soul reborn
We swarm like flies to drama these days
Say so many things we should never say
Do so many things the dramatic way
What can I say?
It seems we are swayed by
Insignificant things
Spend our money and our time on
Insignificant things
Write catchy little rhymes about
Insignificant things
While the world changes around us rapidly
Our never noticing
We flock to the media and believe their lies
Eyes wide open
But we never realize
Whispered words spoken by prophets wise
We should look up and see
The signs of the times
Go ahead, rewind that back!
Grab your bricks and build them stacks
Unification is all we lack
I'm gonna stay on my knowledge till the codex cracks
There's only one way the human race will be saved
That's if we remember we are one race in the first place
From the delta of the Nile we all originate
Africa runs through the blood of even the whites who hate
But wait! Did you think I was done?
What you plannin' to do with that gun?
There's only one way that peace will be born
That's if we fix ourselves and keep on goin'
Keep on flowin' like the river Nile
Remember our divinity and do it in style
It is our time to rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment