Saturday, January 7, 2012

Six Sense none the Richer

With the sixteen cents I have left jingling in my pocket, I mingle my thoughts with the temperature of the Humid, Florida Air. I bare my soul with the eye contact I make with every person I pass. I offer greeting. I receive surprise in return.

Many of us have become anxiety ridden. Hidden eyes as we pass others by. Why?

We are getting engulfed by this digital age, walking by ignoring page after page of real life green and vibrant right under our feet as we stare at a small screen waiting for the next electrical impulse. It is the age of Aquarius we are entering.

I will admit the usefulness the connectivity of the Internet age has offered us. But, I implore that we do not forget these are other beings of Divine Light we are passing by. We are never certain where the next gift is coming from and who knows what the person you ignored has to offer your life, or what healing perhaps you might offer theirs.

I have watched the last generation fade away from things that were standard when I was a child. I am not that old! A mere thirty three bless-ed years on our beautiful (screaming) planet! "Wake Up!" She cries. Loudly the tide of change rushes our age. Our thoughts. Every page. Even the propaganda of Television commercials is screaming, "We Can!"

So many of my best friends prefer to text rather than talk which I must be honest I still do not understand or desire. I love to write. Texting is useful for small blurbs. But so much of our honest soul is getting condensed down to a Facebook Status! Where are we going with this? Where do we feel this path will lead? I know I am not the only Old School Soul out there.

I love long conversation. I love when people pour their souls out to me. I love approaching someone I do not even know and making them smile. My mother long ago started a great work in me. Find something you admire about every person you come across. It has changed my perception and allowed me the ability to be curious about every being. To seek the light in others. To find beauty in someone that they may not even see.

Three cheers for eye contact, and an old fashioned "hello!"

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with everything you are saying here, hermanita. It's almost like people are AFRAID to look you in the eye now. I actually FORCE my students to do so when speaking to me, b/c they need to LEARN how to do it and NOT be afraid of connecting with another human being in that way...and I know that you and I text quite a bit, but I too prefer talking on the phone because it is SO much more meaningful...it's nice when we have the TIME to do that. I try to do the same thing you are...let's SPREAD THE LOVE, even if the reaction is resistance or shock! YES, WE CAN! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy our long heart felt conversations, hermana. I know those of us who remain old school souls can truly show others what it is like to be recognized, acknowledged. Greeted. Amen! Let us Spread the Love. This is our year. Together, we CAN!

    ReplyDelete