Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rising Against Complacency

I was honored as I was invited to join an Open Table Panel discussion this evening at the Open Cafe. The discussion was focused on several pertinent questions: What has been the judicial injustices experienced by the African people?/What has been the traditional responses used by African people to resist those injustices?/What are the lessons of the Trayvon Martin case?/What are the lessons of the Marissa Williams sentence?/What are the lessons learned from experiences in the Tampa Bay area?/What are the broader solutions that should be embraced today?

I was the only Caucasian in the audience. Therefore, I represented a very unique view.

In the name of unity, freedom & power, this group came today with three panelists (Oran Walker, Rev. Charles S. McKenzie, JR. & Dr. Kurt B. Young).

As we all know there is much unrest surrounding the Trayvon Martin case. It is travesty, and a horrendous and monumental erection to how far we have yet to travel against racism.

There are two major factions forming among the African people. Those who would take more of a non-violent stance, active but non-militant, and those who would take an eye for an eye. It is easy to understand emotions from both sides. What is to be done?

As I took the mic, my admonition to us all, myself included was to rise from our slumber, shut off the television, take the five we were going to spend on wine and fund the Revolution. The system is broken and must be changed. Racial ignorance and judgement is rampant from both races. I shared a couple personal stories of the ignorance I see among Caucasians. It is very relevant to all I am about to become.

I realize now why this oracle has been so drawn into the African communities. I am an honorary god-body. I am ordained Holy Mother of the Warrior Klan Nation. I hold much vibration among these communities. I am sickened by all that is happening around us.

Many African Americans believe that the Dream is dead. Martin Luther was one man. Dr. King made huge waves of difference. I will follow his lead and rise in his wake, and ask for guidance from all that is watching over me. There are many Caucasians who simply do not see. I tire of hearing "They were never slaves, and I never owned a slave." Sure. But, what about the ramifications of years of what the African people have had and continue to suffer? What about the waves of pain that funded the birth of some of the greatest music ever made?

LiFe Malcolm invited me to join this discussion tonight. He is a man committed to creating change. He hits the streets to reach our youth, he is a mentor, and a role model. He is my doorway to my activism here in the Tampa area. I am ready for all of this.

With every dollar we spend on fries or soda, with every hour of television we idly sit in front of, with every word we waste on complaining or gossiping, there are children dying, drugs being sold, lawmakers getting away with injustice, and much more daily vibrations of atrocities on our own city streets.

Rochester is a very active city, and I commend all we do on a daily basis. To all of you involved in working with our youth, to all of you creating and upholding knowledge forums, I commend you. Much more has got to come about if we are going to see the great change we are capable of in this sacred decade.

The time is now! Get off the couch. Put down the soda pop. Fast, meditate, pray. Strength is ours to be had.

Dr. King, Malcolm X, Ghandi, Mother Theresa, and many more have gone before us to show that one person can indeed make a difference. I will affect change. I will rise to the occasion. I will offer myself up a holy vessel. I implore us all to rise and do the same.

We are running out of time.
We are running out of excuses.
We are capable of all we are in search of.
Organize, exemplify, amplify,
Or watch the coming war as it is waged right before our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment