Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tropical Wave

Storm sea tossed and we sloshed buckets of water from the restaurant floor into the kitchen. The Bay rose over the sea wall, and the parking ties started floating out toward the road. She and I picked one up to move it. He says why don't you use the water to allow it to float. No need to lift it, just direct it. When intelligent people do things the hard way...that is very often me. It was a lot of hard work and at the end of it, the water just kept coming. My body aches everywhere. What was accomplished is yet to be determined. The effort was something tangible. Something that mattered. We worked hard. We banded together. The waters remained. I am always looking for the next step. A serendipitous markation of direction. An omen. A sign. Many of my friends have made fun of me for this type of thinking. I do not feel it is something I will ever change. The universal flow comes together to show us things in due time & in mysterious and wonderful ways. Synchronicity. I dig! You? What I could stand to learn is breathing in the moment. Letting go of the anxiety that is often in the center of my chest and breathe my way toward that wu wei flow. I know it. I feel it. I just get caught up. What will he think if I do this that way? What will she say if I stand over here? What will they feel if I use this phrasing? How will that food affect my stomach later? Very often, I over think. Very often, I miss the point of allowing a log to float while I am lifting it and wasting energy. And this is what led me to post the thanks to all the amazing people in my life. The people that have helped me do more than survive. I have always had a magical and mysterious life. A life filled with surprise. A life filled with pain that only served to make me stronger. A life filled with stories most have never heard from anyone else. I love every heartbeat that brought me to this place. And may I find the grace to breathe in the moment, to dissipate my anxiety, and to set my spirit free. Truly. Madly. Deeply. Love this breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment