Saturday, June 2, 2012

Revolutionaries Rise!

Measured sips of organized chemistry
I'll be Martin to your Malcolm
Unless you release my enemy
The Revolution is a change
We must all make time to afford
Fresh every night
Hand to the drawing board
We ward off our fears
As we climb to the top
Slip, sometimes stumble
Yet we never seem to stop
Pockets filled with anarchy
Against a system that must die
All souls on this planet
Deserve the right to spread their wings and fly
Sigh against the ignorance
Never wished was born
I offer you my blood, my life
Until new oceans of thought
Begin to pour
Soar against the thermal winds
Wings stronger every day
I speak into a ready crowd
Hear me reverberate
Sockets full of energy
Meant to fuel the war
Lift me up against the sky
And I will water Gaia's soil
Planet full of prophecy
That some still see as mockery
Scholarly attempts to speak
While zombies scan the skies
Mind over matter
May all the falsehoods shatter
Scatter lies like dust to the wind
Until only truth remains
We ascertain what things may come
But most sit still
Like the Revolution will run itself
Into a tomorrow that makes sense
Our recompense will be our fear
Yet the end is nowhere near
Our greatest dreams
Can be all we hear
If we rise to claim them
For a future yet unborn
Mock me if you must
But I pray your darkness turns to rust
And your spark is rekindled
As you must recognize
The Divine Light
With which you were born

No comments:

Post a Comment