Monday, February 9, 2015

Bass Weight

My heart sticks in the back of my throat
Staring at the green light
Edge to the forefront
I skirt around the issue
I never saw the train coming
And now I hear it whistle its way through the distance
Resistance to the criticism
Keeps you facing a false reflection
Wasting weight
Wasting time
Size over symptom
Breast rest on the knees of the natives
We are strapped to the teeth
Afraid to fall apart
I could lay at the knees of the beast
Yeah, his nectar is so sweet
Complete my most richly sensuous fantasy
Demand money and time and rapport 
“Will you still love me
When I am no longer young and beautiful?”
Great Gatsby
Loved to live it up
I am eighty eight pieces of a puzzle
Black ivory elegance
Pressing from the in between the lines
Sublime messages
Detective of blessings
Headed in my direction
I am your spiritual protection
“no sins as long as there’s permission”
Gatsby rode a big yellow car
Stars over Broadway
We all do it our way
“That’s something that the pastor don’t preach”
Perceptions of reality to you and me
With our separate vocabularies
Respective of our separate destinies
Speak to me
I’m listening
You’re giving me direction now
I care about you

Do you care about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment