Thursday, March 6, 2014

Glistening Star

Glistening Star
Who are you?
Can you tell me what will be?
Can you open up my tiny mind?
So that my eyes can see?
Can you give to me the vision
That will help the world be whole?
Can you give to me a cooling balm
To soothe my people's soul?
Oh Glistening Star, my Angel
Do you know me by my name?
Can you look into these human eyes
And know we are the same?
Can you see me through this ego?
The one that blocks my view...
The thing that twists and turns my path,
As I try to head for you?
Glistening Star, where are you?
I can no longer see your face.
I long to touch and hold you
And to bask in your embrace
Glistening Star, are you listening?
I am baring my soul to thee
Are you my friend or a warrior?
Do you come with a knife
Or on bended knee?
Glistening Star, I am fading
No more energy left in me
But I promise in the next life
I will dilligently search for thee
Glistening Star, this is it
This is the last breath
I have to take
So star, I hope and pray and wish
That you were not a fake

No comments:

Post a Comment