Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spent, I


Give me this

Limitless

This Freedom

A soul that will put an end to my seeking

Cause I have roamed the globe

Searching high and low for a soul that will match my own

Now I sit alone

Stone cold and crazy

Staring through the possibilities

Of the hazy maybes

Waiting for the afterbirth of yesterday’s babies

To give me a promise of a future yet to come

Cause I have run the race

Doubled back double time and broke the pace

Wasting nothing I gained the respect of breath

Deflecting fears off my chest like a shield

I set this tachyon pulse thruster to yield

I am vacuum sealed and ready for shipment

Let me open up my hand and show you what my grip meant

Cause I’ve been everywhere I was ever sent

Now I’m spent

Lying naked on your bed

Head clogged and soul spun dizzy

I thought this shit through fifteen different ways since Sunday

And one day I believe I will look back on thirty three and see a future that made sense

But right now, I’m just not there yet

So let me open up my hand for that dollar bill

Close my eyes and keep hoping still

That somebody will see me and the need I’m in

And give me something new to sink my teeth in
Cause I am empty and broke

Hungry and cold

Even if I am standing on the threshold of this new house

Looking past the door that I’m supposed to be so happy about

Laughter lies languid inside a liquid box

Fragile marked on the outside

Do not dare drop

Sock to the stop line

I am slipping in to overtime

Can anybody spare that dime?

Or should I just give up

Something inside me says I’m gonna make it

My fear just as real and I just can’t shake it

Anybody know what this look on my face meant

Best explain it

Cause I’m so far gone it ain’t funny no more



No comments:

Post a Comment