Thursday, March 6, 2014

So Far

We are a generation
Of voice mail conversations
Registered exchanges
And pre-determined arrangements
We are alarm clock scheduled coffee
Over breakfast that we eat
Convincing ourselves it's healthy
Even though we know that it's not
We are at war with
A system that is broken
And even the most outspoken
Have only travelled so far


We are a heart that is pumping pure blood
Yes
We are a heart that is seeking true love
Yes
But what I've got to know is
What are we dying of?


So here I stand
In the center of my temple
Offering myself up as a vessel
Please use me as you need
In these times of darkness
To my voice may they hearken
Cuz my people are straight sobbin
And I would love to set them free


Free from the prison that we have created
Free from the chains
That keep us enslaved and frustrated
Free from the lines
Society has made and
Fuck my patience
It is our time to rise


We are on the brink of spiritual starvation
What we need is aggragation
Of our cultural soil
We have toiled long
We must not tarry
And no matter how scary
The next months may become
We must stand up
Taller
Than ever before

No comments:

Post a Comment