Thursday, March 20, 2014

Risen

We're getting drunk
And We're driving
We're working hard
And We're surviving
What does life really mean?
And we're surmising
What's it all about?
And we're comprising.


The answer lies dormant
In the back of my brain
So many people
Like to call me insane
But for this beautiful life
I could never complain
And when I figure it out
I promise I'll explain


Dancing on moments
As higher we rise
Eyes of the gods
As we stand side by side
An individual mind
Cannot soar quite as high
As when we hold hands
And put down our pride


Let's forget about the money
And focus on pollution
A lack of education
Is what causes the confusion
Size matters not
In this seizmic solution
An individual who changes
Could fuel a revolution


You could become
A modern day Confuscius
Open up their eyes
And show them where the truth is
Greet a brand new day
Where it doesn't matter
Where the loot is
Follow the trunk of the tree
And show them where the root is


Go back to Khemet
And practice ancient mathematics
No need to find substance
In political acrobatics
There's plenty of food
To keep every people fed
We just need to rearrange
The contents of our head


So here is a call
To every person lying dormant
Here's an invocation
To every Nike on the doormat
Open the door
And see what's inside
Is the path you have chosen
Narrow or wide?


Here's an invitation
To every body holding breath
Honor the path of your destiny
And truly give your best
I promise you my heartbeat
Until I've no life left
I'll give every ounce of energy
So our future may be blessed


The greatest power
Of any people
Is to believe that we can change
One voice can make a difference
Begin a revolutionary wave
We are our salvation
The one's we've been waiting for
We have the key that fits the lock
And opens up the door


It is our time to rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment