Thursday, March 6, 2014

Souls On Fire

I silently pull at these
Heart strings
Singing songs that will not be heard
By anyone other than myself & the divine
Sublime messages
Present themselves like
One
Puzzle piece at a time
I am reminded daily
By the things
That cause me sway
The beauty of the Universe
Inside the pupil of an eye
The eye inside the intelligent chest
The vested interest we all share
With the ones we care about
Open arms and open mouths
Shout it out loud and clear
From the rooftops
Socks drop off feet
As we dance rapidly
To the rhythmic beat
Heat high on overdrive
Like I am sweating
Just because I am alive
We dive into the thickness
Scratch our way
Throught the thicket
I am in this to win it
I will not shut up and die
Shark dive into blood infested waters
I am alive for our sons and
I am alive for our daughters
One more life can I yet offer
And I will give all I can
So our future profits
We scoff sometimes
At what we don't understand
The righteous rule
Of a leader's hand
We reprimand the unwilling to learn
And spurn those away
Who have nothing valid to say
We stray from our safety zone
And learn what it really means
To believe in sacred things
"I sing just to know I'm alive"
Nina Simone


The harmony of the spheres
Feeling peace
After all these years
Standing up for myself
One moment at a time


Like
No, you can't catch a ride
Cuz you love to disappear
After I just drove forty five
So we could all enjoy our night
Constantly slipping you dimes
Payin so you can get inside
Cuz your dollar bill already gone
My song loudly carries
And I am limiting my bearings
To nauticals that keep me close to home
Close to the bone
Ready to hone in
Cuz I only reach to save people
Ready to swim
If you ain't in it to win it
Then sit the fuck down!
Tell yourself can't one more time
And count yourself out
Cuz if you intend to walk with me
We're walking hard
And we're walking devout
Penetrate the promenade
Of the average full of doubt
See I will make it so
Cuz I am number one
Breathing in deep
The light of the Sun
And I won't sit down
Till the battle is done
Cuz I won't be satisfied
Till the victory is won
Souls on fire
My one desire
To be everything I can be
In this life

No comments:

Post a Comment