Sunday, March 9, 2014

Homeless?


Oh Hi there
Can I  talk to you
It will only take a minute or two
Do you have the time
To open up your mind
These things that I will share
You may find that you don’t care
I may get a little loud
But please don’t shut me out
For if you walk away
I won’t beg you much to stay
If you leave me be
I’ll tell my story to the tree
My dreams will become nightmares
Friendly smiles will turn to stares
My mind will turn to goo
Oh please let me talk to you
Oh no please don’t walk away
I am lonely here, please stay
There’s so much on my mind
Please say you have the time
I was a man in my last life
Please don’t smirk. It isn’t nice
My mother was a tree
Oh please don’t laugh at me
One time I flew into the sun
I never really told no one
So please don’t tell a soul
They’ll throw me back into the hole
I once had an orgy with the sky
And since then I’ve been unable to fly
If you don’t stop laughing
I’ll walk away
What was that
What did you say
You think I’m nuts
I’ll have to say
You’ve got some guts
I’m sick of all you crazy lads
Telling me you think I’m mad
I am the only one who is even close to sane
And all of you are all my pain
I’m tired of all your ugly lies
Constantly you make me cry
The man I was talking to was in my mind
And it seemed to me he had no time
So I sent him far away
I brushed my fingers through my hair
 And stripped my clothes till I was bare
And laid down upon the bench
I pulled my clothes to cover me
Closed my eyes and tried to sleep
I slept restlessly for an hour or two
Then the sun came up and my sleep was through
I scurried up
Got on my clothes
Leaned over to a nearby bush
And picked a bright red rose
(which was actually a weed)
I ran to the corner diner
Lifted the lid and climbed inside
The people there were sometimes friendly
It was a good place for me to hide
I ordered my breakfast quickly
And sat down at a booth nearby
My waitress brought my food
 And a rat scurried by
I ate and paid my fare
I left the place without a care
I had to work today
Today was not a day for play
I had to take a shower first
So I went to the  town bath hall
A neighboring restaurant hose
A bath is a pleasure that everyone knows
I took a bath
Inside my clothes
A man came out and said
Stop using my hose
I couldn’t believe the audacity
Of this man coming in and looking at me
People had no respect anymore
Manners to them were just a chore
I walked away
My bathing cut short
I had to run
I had to get to work
I grabbed my bag
And rushed to be on time
Oh I hoped this day
Would turn out to be fine
I rushed to my first stop
And picked up the lid
A loud blast
A gun
I  think I’m hit
My blood rushed out
My heart went numb
Well, hell this ain’t no fun
I went down with a bang
I fell with a thud
My beautiful dress was splattered with blood
Large footsteps walked up next to me
And said
Finally now my trash is free
Of these homeless little refugees
A look of horror crossed my face
And slowly I drifted from this place
My little life formed into a frown
And from the afterlife looking down
My thoughts by silence soon were drowned
And in my mind I could only hear
Those footsteps that had come so near
Now I’m free of the homeless
I was so confused
I didn’t understand
I wasn’t stupid
So I’ll be damned
Why I got shot by that big old man
For taking trash out of his garbage can
And why did he call me homeless
I had a home
I was not strange
And in no slight way was I derainged
So why then was my status changed
By a bullet from living to dead
He shot me in the head
But why?
I wasn’t homeless
Was I?

No comments:

Post a Comment