Saturday, January 19, 2013

Once More * 2/11/10

I don't belong here any more
Paintings surround what used to be
Houses of feelings
Souls pouring over with exhuberance
Lifting false faces
Proud and erect
Neglected and downcast
I ran past your stop signs
Your warning bells
You sell me another of your pretenses
Fences mended with money for
Spending or sending neighbors
Far away
It's cold in here and I'm more lonely
Than I've ever been
Eyes meet the fervent heat of desire
A fire once burned where embers now fade away
Say something to make me believe in you
Say something that will resonate as truth
Youthful fancies of love emulating poetry
He's reaching inside of me
And fingering my soul
Hole made deeper my passing shadow
Darken my face no more
The blue hue of you nearly tarnished
The whites of my eyes
Rising against the darkest of times
I will cross your threshold no more

No comments:

Post a Comment