Saturday, January 19, 2013

Untitled * Undated

Mystery. Mimicry of when I believed in a different me
Apathy crept up and bit the ass of me
Listening
The act of actually shutting up to see
What others have to say
I'm swaying here
Like a ghost of my former years
A sapling palm in a hurricane
Down pouring rain
Crazy
Or maybe my thought process just a little bit hazy
limited to offerings I know will never save me
I am bargaining with a chip that really doesn't belong to me
Sickening
But I'm humming under my breath to convince msyelf
This is all for the betterment
Tenement
My soul is encased in glass for all to see
Weaving in and out of time lines
Fine wines
Dollar store drive by's
I remind myself there's nothing I have been afraid of
That I haven't overcome
Sunshine
Rhyme over reason I am defined
Listless
Gifted but just a little bit of a misfit
I give this
My intentions to do the best I can
Hand over hand I climb this rope
Smoking my dope
But not to escape
Third eye open
This is how I'm coping
Slow but this process is flowing
But I know I'm on my way
Stay here
Longer than I meant to but I'm not scared
Tarry in the waters when it feels right
Soul always knows the time to leave
Seeping
Shit out of me like old semen
Table tops are marked where time has scraped them
Door jamb
Open to my open hand
Time is defined by our mind span
Holding on till its time to let go

No comments:

Post a Comment