Friday, January 18, 2013

Stay 8/13/09

Elemental
My judgement of self is fogging my mirror
As though breathing hard
Would serve to make things clearer
As though searing my skin in the shower
would all of my sins to melt away
as if staying true to self
is as easy as it seems
deem me necessary to provocative
enigmatic or proprietary
scary the things that i see on a daily basis
stasis: this rhythm that walks me onward
pondering the dark things unseen
my mom taught me to find the beauty in all
small though it may be in sum
it is the equation that the difference makes
take me apart and put me in order of my worth
searching for the beauty was easier in my youth
and if truth be told i've been sold
on the concept of ugliness of late
so bait accepted: hook, line and sinker
The sting lands so deep
I'm not sure I can stay

No comments:

Post a Comment