Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Seven Pounds

I just finished watching Seven Pounds, an amazing movie starring Will Smith. If you haven't seen it this may ruin it so perhaps you should read this after watching the movie.

Seven Pounds refers most likely to "The Merchant of Venice", a play by Shakespeare. The phrase seven pounds of flesh was used when someone was paying penance for stealing by having his hand cut off. Thus, his seven pounds of flesh.

I cannot really put into words how deeply this movie just touched my soul. As those of you who truly know me already understand, I feel that my life destiny is being called to some great action. Leadership perhaps in a great spiritual context. But, I really do not know details. I don't see steps spelled out in front of me. I know that I will do all that is in my power to serve my calling. To answer the will of the Divine. We have entered tumultuous times. We are wading through some waters that are deep and uncharted. Where will we go next?

Will this be the Utopian dream that the Jehovah's Witnesses believe quoting from the Bible, "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth"? Matthew 5:5. Will the meek inherit the Earth once the darkness has passed? Shall this be Heaven on Earth?

Will this be the Christians view of Armageddon? Will there be a cataclysmic event? Will there be enough of us that come to the realization that positive projection by our fiery human spirit can truly effect change? What is the pattern that we will project? Who will stand together and rise?

I have certainly committed my sins. Made bad choices. Realized what should have taken place in hindsight. I am an imperfect being with human flesh. Yet, there remains this goddess energy within me. I shall not be moved. I shall not falter and not rise up again!

I want to offer my seven pounds of flesh. Make it fourteen! Both my hands for the things I have done. I would willingly lay down my life to save another. I will lay my soul on the table here before you so that you might see the light that shines from within.

We all have something sacred to offer. We all have something that is meant. That holds purpose only our soul can know. I believe that all happens for a reason. In this movie, Will Smith's character was careless and texting while driving. Because of his actions, seven innocent people died. One of the seven being his lovely fiancee. After his brother needs a lung, he is spurred with the idea that he can give up the rest of his body to those that truly deserve it.

We can take one moment of our life at a time and tear it into pieces. But what does that moment truly mean in the grand scheme of things? Does it really matter whose dogma is correct?

I certainly do NOT have all the answers. Perhaps, I have less than half of the answers. But there is something in my spirit that is unique.

Khemetic Science teaches that the human soul has two distinct sectors. Ka and Ba. One is the universal soul. The all. The one. The other is a part of you that travels with you from lifetime to lifetime. Distinctly YOU! Now, I know a lot of you do not believe in reincarnation. But, will you please still entertain that idea for a moment in time.

We are all important. We all have our own unique view. Our own perception. We can all read the same manuscripts. Attend the same school of thought and argue on dogma all day long. What does it mean to you? Are you truly living to your full potential? Or are you living in the black and white proscribed to you by whatever view you have proscribed to?

I am a work in progress. Dressed in ever changing fabric. I am an evolving spiritual being. I have gifts. I have vices. I have strengths. I have flaws. I am beautiful in the skin I am sitting in RIGHT now! I am a vessel. Willing to be used to my fullest potential. I will give all I can at every moment of every day for every lifetime that I am blessed with. I am grateful for all I have been offered. For All the beauty I see in the world around me every day. I am grateful for the gift I have when I sit in front of a baby grand.

Thank all of you who have added to the woman I have become. May we all join together and forge a beautiful new mantra. One that allows all peoples of all colors of all sectors of the globe of all belief systems to rise in perfect harmony.

"I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony...."
(An original jingle in the groundbreaking 1971 "Hilltop" television commercial for Coca-Cola. The song, produced by Billy Davis and performed by The New Seekers, portrayed a positive message of hope and love sung by a multicultural collection of teenagers on the top of a hill.)

Together: we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment