Thursday, December 29, 2011

So Far

We are a generation of voice mail conversations.
Registered exchanges.
Predetermined arrangements.
We are alarm clock scheduled coffee
Over breakfast that we eat
Convincing ourselves it is healthy
Even though we know that it is not!

We are at war with a system that is broken.
Even the most outspoken have only travelled so far.

We are a heart that is pumping pure blood.
Yes.
We are a heart that is seeking true love.
Yes.
But what I've got to know,
Is what are we dying of?

So here I stand in the center of my temple.
Offer myself up as a vessel.
Please use me as you need
In these times of darkness.
To my voice may they hearken.
Cuz my people are straight sobbin'
And I would love to set them free.

Free from the prison that
We have created.
Free from the chains
That keep us enslaved and frustrated.
Free from the lines
Society has made and
Fuck my patience
It is our time to rise!

We are on the brink of spiritual starvation.
What we need is aggregation
Of our cultural soil.

We have toiled long.
We must not tarry
And no matter how scary
The next months become
We must stand up
Taller than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment